Montgomery County Foreclosure Attorneys
Foreclosures are on the rise throughout the country. Having a lender repossess your home is a terrifying thought, and the reality is that it is occurring with increasing frequency. Remedies do exist to help homeowners who are facing foreclosure. New laws have recently been enacted in Maryland that give consumers more time to prevent foreclosure on their homes. It is important to remember that should you receive papers from your bank starting the foreclosure process, you must not ignore them. Take action to prevent the loss of your home by contacting Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. to speak to an experienced Maryland foreclosure attorney.
How a Montgomery County foreclosure attorney can help
A new foreclosure mediation law is a bright light for those who are facing foreclosure. The law gives homeowners who are not able to pay their mortgages some added protections against foreclosure. Banks and lenders must now mediate modifications to troubled loans before foreclosure. However, the technical aspects including timing and deadlines are complex and can be confusing to those who are not trained in foreclosure law in Maryland. This is where a skilled Montgomery County foreclosure attorney can make a difference.
Five facts about foreclosure
- One in every 398 properties in Maryland received a foreclosure notice in May 2010, according to RealtyTrac.
- Maryland ranked tenth nationally for the most monthly foreclosure filings in May 2010, according to RealtyTrac.
- You have the right, up until one business day before the foreclosure auction, to pay any overdue payments, late fees, and charges to stop the foreclosure sale.
- Your lender must wait 45 days after you are served with the court papers before selling your home at auction.
- There are options available to you such as loan modification and Chapter 13 bankruptcy that can keep you in your home and that you should discuss with a Montgomery County foreclosure lawyer.
Speak to us about foreclosures in Montgomery County and Rockville
Are you seeking a Rockville foreclosure attorney? Or help from a Montgomery County foreclosure lawyer? For foreclosure advice in Montgomery County or Rockville, contact a bankruptcy lawyer at Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. so we can assist you. We understand Maryland foreclosure laws and are skilled at mounting an aggressive defense for our clients in foreclosure actions. Contact a lawyer at our firm today to ensure that your bank does not take advantage of you.