Maryland Bankruptcy Law Firm
Bankruptcy law firm in Montgomery County, Maryland
Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C., originally focused on bankruptcy law and business law, but has now developed into a multi-dimensional law firm that is able to serve all the needs of its clients, both individuals and businesses. We presently has two (2) locations and our attorneys are licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Robert Goren, Michael Wolff, and Jeffrey Orenstein each have been practicing bankruptcy law for more than 30 years. The three principals of the law firm hold the highest ratings, AV, from Martindale-Hubbell, the distinguished lawyer’s directory. The firm is one of the top bankruptcy law firms in Montgomery County servicing Frederick & Rockville, Maryland
The firm assesses the circumstances of each client to devise the best strategy for reaching the client’s goals using their knowledge in many areas of law that include the following:
- Business law
- Consumer law
- Creditors’ rights
- Commercial litigation
- Criminal law
- Personal injury
- Wills and estates
- Bankruptcy law (including chapter 7, chapter 11 and chapter 13)
A client is most fully served when they have a bond with his or her counsel. Such a relationship is often very personal and enables the client to make the best decision and have confidence in the course of action. In addition to being advocates, the attorneys at our firm serve as a client advisor, counselor and often as a source of strength during difficult times. Through this relationship, a client will receive the best perspective in order to make the best decisions that ultimately affect his or her future.
Bankruptcy law firm servicing Montgomery County, Maryland
The principals of the our Maryland law firm have a strong presence in the world of bankruptcy, reorganization, and asset recovery.
- Michael Wolff, as a Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee for two decades, oversees the administration of bankruptcy cases from the average consumer to very complex businesses. Mr. Wolff also brings more than 30 years of experience to the firm. He was the subject of a profile in the Washington Business Journal, a national publication recognizing his 20 years of handling business and consumer bankruptcy matters in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Robert Goren with thirty years experience and, to an equal or lesser extent, the other attorneys within our Montgomery County law firm have assisted businesses and consumers to navigate through the maze of bankruptcy laws to seek a fresh start.
- Jeffrey Orenstein is the head of commercial litigation for our Montgomery County firm, both inside and outside of bankruptcy proceedings. He served as a law clerk for a United States bankruptcy judge and provides a greater emphasis on the rights of creditors, pursuing collection efforts for bankruptcy trustees and creditors in bankruptcy and state proceedings to maximize each client’s recovery in the most efficient manner.
- Ms. Hamilton has gained tremendous experience within the bankruptcy court and state courts working for debtors, trustees and creditors in addition to her other areas of practice.
A respected MD bankruptcy law firm
Based on its reputation as a respected Maryland bankruptcy law firm, business attorneys, divorce lawyers, accountants and other professionals routinely refer their clients to the firm, Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. welcomes other firms to seek our counsel on financial matters which result in the need for bankruptcy advice.
Our law firm recently expanded its representation of small, closely-held businesses and mid-sized business. Whether it is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership or sole proprietorship, the attorneys of Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. are there to help our clients from inception to termination. Our advice often includes what type of organization to create, the selection of a name, shareholders’ agreements, employment contracts, the prevention of improper competition, negotiations, contract preparation, the purchase and sale of assets or businesses, means of succession planning, and dissolution.
Emanating from their experiences in bankruptcy proceedings and out of a desire to better serve its commercial clients, the firm has developed a tremendous strength in commercial litigation and has earned a reputation as a top bankruptcy law firm in Maryland. While our attorneys seek to avoid litigation when possible due to the expense and uncertainty related thereto, sometimes circumstances require that negotiations terminate and that litigation commence.
The skilled, experienced legal guidance you need
Our attorneys are able to guide our clients through simple and complex issues through an ultimate determination, whether it is in the Federal courts or State courts. Our attorneys also regularly utilize their negotiation and litigation experience in other areas of litigation including divorce law, wrongful death cases and personal injury cases stemming from automobile accidents, falls, defective products and medical malpractice.
In the criminal arena, our law firm skillfully handles felony and misdemeanor charges relying on their past experience as state's attorneys and are particularly experienced in DUI cases and litigation. A drunken driving arrest does not have to result in lost driving privileges or excessive fines. A criminal charge can be defended and resolved without the loss of liberty and reputation.
Call any time, any day of the week, or send an e-mail to one of our attorneys and see how a professional, experienced law firm can help you and bring you peace of mind.
Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. offers a free initial consultation of limited duration and reasonable and competitive fee arrangements. Personal injury clients may retain counsel on a contingency fee basis so they do not pay any legal fees unless we recover on their claim. If you have questions about bankruptcy in MD or are seeking advice from a bankruptcy law firm in Montgomery County, contact Goren, Wolff & Orenstein, L.L.C. to speak to an experienced bankruptcy lawyer today. Our attorneys are waiting for your call.